The MS 3500 is designed to withstand all types of weather conditions and rough handling. It is designed to stand up to the rugged demands of jails, prisons and other facilities requiring maximum security. It also offers uniform coverage, excellent sensitivity, stability and noise rejection for more precise target evaluation.
- Specifically designed with reinforced, environmentally-durable materials to meet the needs of prison facilities.
- Weatherproof overhead cap assembly houses all electronics to prevent moisture penetration.
- Constructed of heavy-duty 3/32" armor aluminum plates and protective corner edge protectors for maximum protection against physical abuse.
- Moveable display keypad can be located inside the locked and weatherproof overhead cap assembly.
- Microprocessor technology incorporated in detection and
- control circuitry offers greater sensitivity to weapons screening.
- Automatic self-diagnostic function reports failures on the LCD.
- Durable construction with quick assembly design.
- Multiple coil design provides detector with three levels of ankle boost sensitivity.
- User-friendly programming for precise control of the detector's settings.
- 20 standard programs for a variety of security applications.
- Limited 24-month warranty: parts and labor.
Operating: -4° F (-20° C) to +140° F (60° C)
Humidity to 95% non condensing
Storage: -40° F (-40° C) to 158° F (70° C)
Fully automatic 100 to 240 VAC, 50 or 60 Hertz, 14 watts; no rewiring, switching or adjustments required. Power supply meets UL, CSA, TUV and VDE standards.
Weatherproofing / Foreign Object Protection Standards
Meets IP 55, IEC Standard. "Degrees of Protection provided by Enclosures," IEC 529.
100% sensor coil Faraday shielding; special Garrett built-in circuitry for noise suppression and ignoring x-ray monitor.
Multiple channels permit several MS 3500s and other Garrett detectors to operate simultaneously in close proximity.
Ready light indicates unit is operational; alarm light and audible alarm are activated when the target amount of metal is detected; LED bar graph indicates amplitude of alarm signal.
Dual-level access codes required to set or change all sensitivity settings and detection programs; one level for use by supervisors in selecting programs and sensitivity and the other for initial set-up and overall control; non-resettable sequence code logs all changes made whenever sensitivity codes are accessed. An audible alarm reports unauthorized attempts at access.
Vandal Resistant Construction
All wiring protected by lockable cabinet. Access control panel may be positioned for easy viewing or locked in cabinet to prevent tampering.
Rugged, heavy duty 3/32" armor aluminum plates with resilient corner caps for protection against maximum abuse. Construction design provides the unit with maximum installation stability as well as weather tight operation.
A non-resettable counter that indicates the number of attempts to access the MS 3500's adjustment menu.
Solid state switches (low voltage AC or DC) for operating external alarms and control devices.
Programs designed to eliminate the problem of dissimilar targets canceling each other.
Limited 24 months, parts and labor
Passageway Interior Size
Width 30" (0.7 m)
Height 80" (2m)
Depth 20" (0.5 m)
Overall Exterior Size
Width 50" (1.3 m)
Height 89" (2.3 m)
Depth 20" (0.5 m)
Shipping Size (Top Box)
Width 25" (0.64 m)
Height 55" (1.4 m)
Depth 7.5" (.19 m)
Shipping Size (Side Panel, 2)
Width 25" (.64 m)
Height 92.5" (2.35 m)
Depth 11" (.28 m)
Weight: 189 lbs. (93.5 kg)
Shipping Weight: 242 lbs. (119.7 kg)