Have questions about your build? Phone: 250-715-7290 Toll Free: 844-562-8221
We ship out FREE little gifts with each order.
Did you know we offer Military Discounts as part of our Honor Program?
Find out more www.LockhartTactical.com/HONOR
- Remington 700 Short Action (Left and Right Hand)
- Remington 700 Long Action (Left and Right Hand)
- Savage Short Action, Models 10,11,12 and 16 (Left and Right Hand)
- Savage Long Action, Models 110, 111, 112 and 116 (Left and Right Hand)
- Savage Long Action CIP .338 Lapua Magnum - Requires MDT 3.85" Magazines
- Savage Axis - Short Calibers
- Tikka T3 Short Calibers (Left and Right Hand)
- Tikka T3 Long Calibers - Requires MDT 3.56 Magazine (Left and Right Hand)
- Howa 1500 / Weatherby Vanguard - Short Caliber - Only works with MDT Polymer Magazines - No V-block due to the flat bottom action.
- Howa 1500 / Weatherby Vanguard - Long Calibers - No V-block due to the flat bottom action.
- Browning X-bolt Short Calibers - Only works in .308 and .243 calibers
- Stiller Tac .338
- Ruger American Short Action
- Winchester XPR Short Action
- Lithgow 102 SA
- Bergara B-14
Chassis – The ESS retains our proven V-block bedding system to form a solid and reliable base for the rifle action.
- The magazine well has been refined for easy insertion of the magazine, while reducing rattle and movement.
- The tab style magazine release has been replaced with a semi-flush ambidextrous paddle that can easily be activated by a weak or strong hand.
- The recoil lug mortise has been designed to accommodate most aftermarket recoil lugs and the trigger area will accommodate most aftermarket triggers.
- A serrated barricade stop has been added to the front of the magazine well and a polymer fore-end grip at the balance point adds comfort.
- The wide fore-grip area combined with the octagonal profiled for-end tube offers flexible options when shooting over bags or improvised rests.
- Thumb shelves have been added to both side of the chassis for shooters who prefer an open grip.
- The most significant change is the incorporation of the ESS specific butt-stock interface, rather than the traditional AR pattern interface. This allows us to place the pistol grip in optimum relation to the trigger, while still allowing the shooter to choose from the wide variety of AR pattern pistol grips which suit their preference.
Butt-Stock - The MDT Skeleton Rifle Buttstock was designed to provide the shooter with best-in-class strength and ergonomics, with an emphasis on adjustability and comfort.
Length of pull (LOP) can be easily adjusted and fine-tuned with the thumbwheel, and locked in place with thumb screws or set screws (both included). The buttpad can be adjusted up and down as well as canted left or right, to form fit the shoulder pocket of any shooter.
Achieving the perfect cheek weld is a breeze, with thumbwheel adjustment as well as side-to-side and cant adjustments, thumb screws or set screws (both included) to lock in place.
Difference between SRS-X and SRS-X Elite for XTN Interface (ESS & ACC)
- SRS-X Elite features a steel buttpad for added rear balance
- Second guide rod for stability
- Etched guide rods
SRS-XF Folding for XTN Interface (ESS & ACC)
Developed to give shooters the option to fold to either bolt side or non-bolt side, the SRS-XF locks in both full extension and folded position. The double hinge design allows the folder to maintain and low profile without any protruding hinge points that would otherwise interfere with the use of the thumb shelf.
- Shortened body to maintain proper LOP with integrated folder
- An extra QD flush cup sling mount for a total of three
- Cheek rest thumbwheel is sold separately as it interferes with the buttstock folding over the bolt
If you’re looking for a folding option for the Standard or Short Skeleton Rifle Stock (Fixed Interface), we do have a solution for you over on our folding buttstock adapters page.
Fore-End - Fore-Ends are offered in 3 different lengths, 12", 15" and 18", can be ordered with a full rail, partial rail, or no rail with cut-outs to allow low scope mounting.
- Each fore-end comes with M-Lok slots and QD flush cup mounts.
- Action specific scope mounting rails which co-index with the fore-end rail are available as an accessory.
- The carbon fiber forend is offered in the 15" length with M-Lok attachment slots on all 8 sides, and black-anodized 6061-T6 aluminum end caps to protect the ends of the fibers. A steel plate installed inside the forend provides a secure interface to the ESS chassis.
- It fits directly into any of the ESS chassis bases to provide an additional forend option.
- Each forend also comes 2 steel QD flush cup mounts and a sling swivel stud at the tip.
MOUNTING AND COMPATIBLE ACCESSORIES
- The MDT ESS chassis is designed with it's own butt-stock for perfect ergonomics and is designed to use AR15 style pistol grips (purchased separately), and allows for customization with a wide variety of accessories.
- The Fore-End comes in 3 different lengths, and can be ordered with a full rail, partial rail or no rail.
- Weight: Chassis: 1.6lb, Fore-end: 0.6lb - 1lb, Butt-stock: 2lb.
- Length of Pull: 13.4" - 14.4" (Based on Remington 700).
- Ambidextrous, easy reach magazine latch – can be operated with trigger finger or left hand.
- Extra large magazine well for easy mag insertion/removal.
- Barricade stop in front of magazine to prevent putting pressure on the magazine.
- Angled front profile with hand grip for minute vertical adjustments and comfort/protection from the elements.
- Thumb rests on both sides of the chassis.
- Wide front profile for extra comfort / stability when resting on flat surfaces.
- Stock height at comb and heel – 0.5” below bore centerline. 1.0” of riser adjustability.
- Allows for barrel contours up to 1.300” straight taper.
- Accepts AICS pattern magazines for both short and long action. (3.715” long action)
- Accepts aftermarket lugs up to 0.375 thick and tapered
- Compatible with all non-beavertail AR pattern pistol grips. Beavertail grips will fit with minor trimming.
- CNC machined from Aircraft grade Aluminum, and finished with H-series Cerakote. Cheek-piece, fore-grip, and butt-pad constructed of composites.
WHAT YOU GET AND WHAT YOU’LL NEED
The ESS Chassis System comes complete with a chassis, butt stock, and a fore-end.
All hardware is included. You will need Allen keys to assemble and install on your rifle.
In addition to the ESS, you will need;
- An AR-15 pattern pistol grip. Grips with a beavertail will require minor fitting.
- An AICS pattern magazine appropriate for the rifle chambering.
Winchester Model 70 SA Important Notes
The ESS Chassis for Winchester Model 70 has been designed to accommodate all Winchester short action 308 and 243 actions made after 1984, as well as all FN-H branded receivers (such as the SPR and TSR). The easiest way to tell if your Winchester Model 70 was produced after 1984 is that the action screw spacing will be approximately 7-1/8”. Prior to 1984 Winchester made 308, 243 etc on long action receivers, which will be too long to fit into the ESS chassis.
223-based calibers will not feed reliably, and WSM calibers will need feed lip adjustment for reliable feeding. WSSM calibers will not work.
The chassis will fit MOA, Winchester and Timney triggers.
The chassis will have to be used with MDT 308 metal magazines, which have specifically been designed with a narrower interface at the top near the front of the magazine to fit into the Winchester Model 70 action. MDT and Magpul polymer magazines will work, but require some material to be trimmed from the feedlips and front corners of the magazine.
Some of the CRF guns will need the ejector fitted to clear the magazine, or the magazine notched.
Some guns will have the anti-bind lug drag on the right-hand magazine feed lip.
There are two scope rail screw spacings. Pre-2006 they are all the same. 2006 to ~2009 the standard caliber stayed the same, and the WSM had a longer spacing. After production was moved to Portugal they all switched to the WSM spacing. The rails MDT is making are the WSM spacing.