An inground compression barrier that is installed flush with the roadway. Heavy-duty spring-loaded blades extend 4.5″inches ( 11.5 cm) above the road surface, however blade size is adjustable. Spring tension is also adjustable.
Our Low profile LP model is installed in the roadway so that the barrier frame is flush with the roadway. The top of the Roadshark LP model coverplate rests 3/8 inch above the road surface which prevents rainwater from flowing into the Roadshark frame.
The main advantage of our Roadshark LP model is that vehicles can travel over at speeds of 10 mph or more. Competitor’s products are rated for 5 mph or less. Surface mounted barriers are similar to speed bumps and require vehicles to slow down to 5 mph.
*** Please note that these items heavy and subject to additional freight rates which will be calculated prior to shipment with client's consent. ***
Some features include:
- Adjustable Blade Height and Angle – Roadshark traffic spike barrier users can adjust the blades to be less aggressive. This can allow for a “phase in” period for motorists at new installations. – Customers can adjust the thickness of the internal rubber bumpers and lower the blade height if required.
- Proprietary Lockdown Mechanism – easy to use and blades can be locked down in less than a minute. If our competitors have this type of feature, it may work in their showroom but good luck in the corrosive, dirty environment of the real world.!
- Reinforced Axle – prevents blades from bending or twisting. Axles and blades are coated with high visibility yellow nylon coating ( which outlives galvanizing and powdercoating by 10 times)
- No Rust – Polyurethane coatings and stainless steel fasteners. The top plate of Roadshark barriers is held down with stainless steel bolts that will not rust and stain the surface of the barriers. Our polyurethane finish will not wear off like powdercoating and reduces operating noise.
- Adjustable Spring Tension. – Roadshark installers can adjust the size and number of torsion springs to achieve the required tension (upward force on the blades ).
- Low Maintenance. – Our barriers can go months without cleaning. We use one axle per unit which reduces the number of springs required and the amount of maintenance required. Some of our competitors use multiple springs for every 1 or 2 blades which requires continuous maintenance as springs fail
- Stainless Steel Springs. – The strength and design or our springs results in less maintenance with springs lasting over 100,000+ cycles. Springs can last several months and replacement is normally done in under 10 minutes. springs are $15.00 USD each to replace.
- Reduce Operating Noise & Increase Life – Internal rubber bumpers reduce operating noise and increase the life of barrier components.
You will find that our barriers are built to last and will give you years of trouble-free operation. Some of the Roadshark barriers currently installed in the U.S. experience over 200 vehicles per day and have been reliable where competitors’ products have failed.
***Price includes spare springs, 2 yr warranty, installation hardware and 20inch DO NOT ENTER stencil for marking the roadway if desired.. Average life of equipment is 7.5 years